Santa Cruz Expects Tevez Stay

Roque Santa Cruz believes Carlos Tevez will "stick it out" at Manchester City despite his desire to return to Argentina.

Tevez, who signed a five-year contract with City in 2009, has spoken repeatedly of his dissatisfaction with life as a footballer in recent times due to the fact his daughters live in his homeland.

Santa Cruz, though, expects Tevez, 26, to see out his deal at Eastlands before returning home.

"His heart is with his family," Santa Cruz told the Cadena Ser radio station. "He wants to be with his people and they are in Argentina. His brothers and also his daughters are there.

"When one feels that his homeland is calling he may do anything to go back, but I think he will stick it out and complete his contract with City before going back home."

Santa Cruz, meanwhile, is desperate to secure a move to Spain when the transfer window reopens as he has made just one appearance for City this season.

"I am now 29 and I hope to complete my dream of playing in Spain," he said. "That is the main dream of most South American players, so we shall see. I hope it can happen.

"My aim is to leave City in the upcoming winter transfer window and I hope to be able to go to the Spanish league.

"Unfortunately, I am not playing as much as I would like. The club has spent a lot and the competition is huge and so you just have to work every day to try and convince the manager, but even then I am not called upon.

"The situation is very complicated and I want to stay positive, but I have not been given the minutes to convince anyone and my priority is to leave in the next winter transfer window.

"The manager has put his faith in certain players and, besides, he has chosen a system which only uses one striker, which means I have even less options."

Meanwhile, City technical director Mike Rigg has confirmed the club's interest in Sporting defender Daniel Carrico.

"We are always looking at players and I can't deny Carrico is an interesting player, but we haven't decided on this subject and we are respectful as a club towards other clubs and contacts," he said in the Daily Mirror.

Carrico, 22, is a Portugal Under-21 international and his contract runs until 2013.

Source: Soccernet

0 comments:

Post a Comment